Did you know that employees and team members only put 80% of the effort that the owners/leaders make to achieve goals? Surveys say so.
Now what I saw in my experience is- A leader can really push that bar for employees by setting examples of giving his/her best shot at any task. So, how I look at it is- You’re the leader. Your team members will follow your lead. If they see you giving it your all while working with clients, they will too.
If you are thinking of hiring a good team and let it do all the work while you sit back, relax and perhaps only follow up from time to time and never really get into the mud and get involved yourself, you are making a mistake right there!
Trust me, your team and customers/clients can tell when you’re not passionate about the work you’re doing.
Being a leader is a huge task on its own but we still need to show our team that leaders work hard and are driven by results.
In my opinion if we can follow some rules, we can keep our team motivated and inspire them to give their best shot at whatever they do.
Here are the rules I go by:
- Cast vision for the future for the business/team/growth
- Set the pace for growth and lead the way
- Show appreciation to customers/clients and team members
- Provide opportunities for team members to grow professionally
- Keep the lines of communication open, so everyone’s on the same page
- Develop a trail our team will want to follow
- Never forget to be open to new ideas from clients/customers/team members
- Put in the same amount of effort we want to receive from our team
I try to follow these and it really works! I believe that’s how we go further, faster TOGETHER.
I would love to know how you look at the idea of leadership. Please share your thoughts in the comment section below:
PS: If you are looking to grow your business, my team and I can enable that growth stretch using Digital Marketing.
From website development to paid marketing to business coaching, we are confident we can play a big part. You will find my team different to the rest as we work very closely with our clients.