What is dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a business model in which eCommerce entrepreneurs sell products without having to carry any inventory. When a store owner receives an order from a customer, they simply contact the supplier, who will ship the products directly to the customer’s door.
Dropshipping apps like Oberlo let you add products from various suppliers into your shop to fuel your product offering.
Dropshipping can be a perfect business model for new eCommerce entrepreneurs. It’s simple to set up and manage, and it doesn’t require a large up-front investment. You can also run your dropshipping business in your spare time – you don’t need to quit your job to start a successful store. Plus, there are several dropshipping tips you can apply to drive traffic to your store.
Shopify offers a dropshipping service, which allows businesses to sell products without having to carry any inventory. The store owner will contact the supplier when a customer places an order on a Shopify store. The supplier will then deliver the product to the buyer in this way; the only thing you have to do is sell the product while not worrying about shipping.
Here are a couple of options on how to do dropshipping using Shopify:
1. Managing orders and shipping with Shopify is a breeze.
- Simply log into your Shopify account,
- Click on the “Orders” tab, and
- Then click on the “Shipping” tab.
- You can enter your shipping information and select a shipping method.
- Shopify will automatically generate a tracking number for your shipment and provide real-time tracking updates.
2. You can manage your orders and shipping from the Shopify app.
- Simply log into your account,
- Tap on the “Orders” tab,
- And tap on the “Shipping” tab.
- From there, follow the same process mentioned in option 1.
Drop shipping can be a great way to start an eCommerce business with little up-front investment, but it’s not without its challenges. Make sure you understand how the business works before getting started, and be prepared to work to make your drop shipping business a success.
All in all, Shopify is a great platform for drop shipping. It’s easy to use, offers great customer service, and has many resources that can help you along the way